Submitted: 07-03-2006 by Sarah777
I have had several kayaks over the years and have always had to be cost conscious and research each purchase well. I have never made a kayak purchase that I feel so great about as this one. I am a 42 year young female in reasonably good shape. This little boat has so many strengths. It is light and easy for me to load and unload. I am 5'6" and medium build and I find it easy to get in and out of and very roomy inside. I also have never been in another kayak with a more comfortable seat than this one. I also expected it to fill up pretty quickly with water when not using a skirt on the ocean bay but even when the waves were moderately choppy - it rode the swells and even after two miles no bailing was needed. I had been leaning on the sit on tops more but this boat has me thinking no SOT's Ever Again! It is fast and I had no issues with tracking. It tracked beautifully better than my SOS with a skeg. Apparently the tracking channels designed into the hull work. There is plenty of room for storage and at first I was disappointed my model did not have a cut in dry storage hatch but after using it I now prefer no hatches. There is plenty of storage area behind the seat and even in the bow. There is a good amount of internal flotation material which is excellent. The boat is sturdy, reliable, comfortable and has good speed and tracking. It is great buy and I am planning to get another for family/friends. I almost bought a Majestic or America that was a little longer and $100 more and I am so glad I didn't. I have a budget, limited storage and transport alone often. This yak is a gem. Thank you Mainstream!