Submitted: 07-03-2006 by Sarah777
I have owned other sit on tops and I paid just $250 for my new viper at Sports Authority (not online) and it included a fairly decent paddle and a seat. There were indentations on the hull for hardware for equipment storage but no hardware. The skeg was included but I had to use a hammer to attach it and there is some worry about how secure it is in there. I like that it is light enough for me to load and unload from my SUV. In the past I struggled with loading heavier models alone. It tracks very well which I attribute to the skeg (hope I don't lose it). It rides very well above the water. It is self bailing like previous models I have had but I am a medium size woman and I have not had much water inside even on choppy water days on the bay. The drink holder fills up. It can be a little tippy when the sea or rivers are rough but It is a mild challenge which I enjoy. It's being light weight is something I consider a plus that outweighs other concerns. While I want a sit-in-side with more storage, better speed and other features, I do not plan to get rid of my Viper. This little model is easy to store and great to have for family, friends and myself. It is an affordable way to get out on the water.

Schitt Creek Paddle Wear: