Submitted: 06-28-2006 by maddog

Just got my Otter XT two days ago. Bought the XT on the advice of the salesman. Paid $299.00 for it. Took it to the lake the next day to try it out for some fishing and recreation. Great kayak. It is my first one but probably not my last one. We are a family of 5 so a few more yak's are in the future. The only advice I have is if you get an Otter or any other kayak make sure you buy a good paddle. I have nothing but good things to say about this little boat. Maybe a bit slow, but works great for my needs. I use it to get away from the people at the lakes, and also to fish. Took it to a pond outside of town tonight that only permits boats under 12 feet with not motor. Only boat on the pond, and only peson catching Bass. If you look at what this kayak was made for it fits the bill to a tee. If you want to go faster or be able to paddle easier when windy get a more expensive boat.