Submitted: 06-22-2006 by c2g
I had problems similar to those described by the previous reviewer, but in a home-built kayak. I tried a number of different options, but could never find anything that was comfortable for very long. After doing a lot of research, I had narrowed my options down to two choices, one of which was the Onno seat. Franklin's statement that the Onno seat had alleviated the same problems I was experiencing was the deciding factor. After I asked Patrick to build me a seat, he had me provide a few measurements and some information on my boat to make sure his seat would fit. We then discussed my paddling and seating preferences over the phone to make sure that it would be a good match for me. The seat was a perfect fit for my kayak, but most importantly, it has been an outstanding solution to my problems. I have spent about 15 hours in it so far, including one 6 hour stretch without a break, and have been completely comfortable at all times. The seat provides exactly the right amount and kind of support. The built in back support is superbly designed as well and is very easy to adjust. It's great to be able to kayak without pain. It's a great seat and Patrick is a great person to deal with.