Submitted: 06-22-2006 by webdr

This is my first Kayak and possibly the second review I've seen on this boat. The skeg is nice WHEN IT WORKS. As stated above it falls out of its slot and moves up and rear making it so it wont fully retract. The metal tube used to pivot the skeg had no plastic bushings on the ends and it scraped the plastic on the hull till it fell out. I repaired it with some plastic bushings I found in the furniture section of Home Depot. What a pain! The dry storage bulkhead leaks making everything back there a little damp if not totally wet even after a little rough water. There is a piece of plastic on the bow left over from making the boat that was just left there.....wheres quality control??? I had to trim it and its visually an eyesore. The boat handles well, stays upright and paddles fine. Good first boat but not for just cruising or just whitewater. Good all-around fun boat. I think Ill get a Pyranha Master TG next.