Submitted: 06-19-2006 by Way-Off

Love this canoe. I have had it for close to four years. Best $400 I have spent on recreation. I like to canoe in creeks, where maneuvering is important, and the water is often shallow. While other beginners are dumping, I just keep going. If I am with a group and alone in my canoe, I almost always get a "rider" who is tired of falling out of their own canoe. I have children, and they can swing their fishing poles left and right, lean and look over the sides, without tipping the canoe. The weight capacity is great, I often carry gear for others (who tend to go in the drink). Now, for the negatives. After the hard seasons of hitting rocks and scraping bottom, the hull is thin where the front and rear seat bears against the hull at centerline. This has left a thin quarter size area that needs to be patched. If the seat had more bearing surface for the weight of the paddler, this would not be a problem. The seats are bolted in with stainless steel hardware with lockwashers and regular nuts. You will have to carry a screw driver and pliers with you, or do as I did, replace the nuts with the nylon locking style and be done with it. The cooler isn't insulated too well, so I use the space for storage and haul my own cooler. Don't trust the dry storage compartment to keep perfectly dry, put your valuables in a zip lock bag inside of it. Yes, it's heavy, but very durable. On open water in a cross or a head wind, you will be wishing for a canoe with more straight line stability. I would recommend this canoe to my friends, and would buy it again.