Submitted: 06-19-2006 by pmoorhouse

My wife and I exchanged the Adventure 14 we had purchased (stability issues - see review) for an Explorer 16 tt. We just took it out for the first time yesterday, and I was VERY impressed. We had it out in windy conditions, on a lake where the waves were 2 - 3 feet. The canoe crashed through the waves head-on with no issues. The sides being a little high, it does catch the wind, so we found ourselves lateral to the waves a few times, and I am convinced that it would be nearly impossible to flip this canoe. Primary and ultimate stability are AWESOME, making this a great family canoe. It's heavy, but that's the trade-off for this very tough hull (also great for families - you don't have to be all that careful around rocks, etc.) The only downside is the tracking - the shallow V hull makes it a little tough to keep this canoe on a straight course. Even this isn't bad, just not as good as some other canoes, and it could have been partly the wind blowing us off-course. Highly recommended for a great, fun, family canoe!