Submitted: 06-16-2006 by REH

I purchased 2 T160i's w/o rudder plus accessories from a dealer in Myrtle Beach SC a few months ago. Our intended use is fishing and touring. My wife and I are both beginners and have found our 160's to track and turn well (glad we did not spend the extra money for the rudder), paddle easy enough even into the wind (gloves protect the hands from the handles), and to be very stable. We use our 160's on the intracoastal waterway so are subjected to some fairly large wake and at times some decent sized windblown waves but stability has not been a issue even when we do not have the time or space to turn to better handle wake. Even though we have little to compare with, we have no problem giving the T160's a 10 rating for performance. Quality control however is a different matter. The finishing work left a bit to be desired. Not knowing the technical term for the mold line running from bow to stern, I found that to be quite unfinished in places (that is not sanded smooth) on one unit and that unit still contained much manufacturing waste material (small item but for that kind of money you should be able to expect a cleaned unit). The other unit did not have the drain plug drilled or installed and some rough spots. As usually happens, we did not notice these things prior to bringing the units home. In this area I give the units a 7. I recommend a very close inspection of the unit prior to accepting delivery to save yourself some time and inconvenience. Overall I rate the 160i a 9.