Submitted: 06-15-2006 by wilsoj2
This is not a full review as I was only in the Nordkapp LV on flat water and not in conditions.

My main issue with the Nordkapps I'd paddled before was their volume. I felt I was skittering on top of the water. At 6' 165-170 lbs I found the Nordkapp LV a pleasure to paddle, brace, scull and roll. The boat is quite lively.

The boat accelerates nicely, responds to ruddering adroitly and rolls effortlessly.

The boat is not as reassuring as an Explorer or even an Aquanaut. It's stability curve feels like a Nordkapp. It is livlier than either Explorer or 'naut. It feels faster than an Explorer but not as fast an an Aquanaut.

The Nordkapp LV is the most fun 17.5' boat I've paddled. If I didn't already have a Romany, I might buy the Nordkapp LV as my day boat. I am giving it a 5 because I did not have enough time or conditions to rate it overall. Someone with real time in the boat will have to do a fuller evaluation.

IMHO the Nordkapp LV is a stunning looking boat as well...

Mitchell Paddles: