Submitted: 06-14-2006 by duglyuckling

I had been looking for a new spraydeck for the Pygmy Coho I was building. I live in Vancouver and paddle year round. It didn't seem too likely I'd find the features I was looking for: warm for the winter and cool for the summer, a pocket, and a great fit/seal on the boat and on me. I read reviews, scoured the internet, and contacted some companies. I came accross a breathable one from Wildwasser and contacted them to see if this would be suitable. Their response was immediate and informative: the breathable would do the job but they were introducing a new deck (the Monterey)and it would probably be more suitable. I bought it and have used this thing for a few months now and could not be more impressed. It could not be easier to wear. I just step in or pull it over my head and zip the drysuit zipper up. I get an excellent fit with no struggle. The fit to my Pygmy seems perfect; it hooks the coaming easily and reasuringly snaps into place. It has two zippered mesh pockets on the deck - sized and placed for efficient use. The materials used are of the highest quality. The drysuit zipper is leak free, the material coating the outside of the coaming seems bulletproof and should stand up to years of abuse. I have used it in rolling sessions, rescue lessons, freezing temperatures, and now thankfully on warm sunny days. It handles it all without compromise. On warm, calm days you simply open the zipper to keep drips out but allow cool air in. While researching my spraydeck purchase, I found Wildwasser to be a knowledgable and informative company proud of their products and designs, and quick to respond to inquiries. This innovative product earns a 10.