Submitted: 06-14-2006 by Sasha

I have 2006 plastic Eclipse. This is quite different boat comparing to older models. My understanding is that plastic material is different, and this one doesnít have that metal pipe on the bottom (inside). Seats are different too. Shape is pretty much the same as old models.

I am 6í6 and 190 Lbs. Before I bought this boat, I tried several other touring models and found that this one was by far most roomy for my long legs. My shoe size is 12, and I have plenty of room in this boat. Buying a kayak is very much individual thing and what fits one person, doesnít necessarily fits the other, even if same size and build.

I didnít paddle for 3 decades and I was a little worried about the stability of this boat. Initial stability is FENOMENAL on this boat. I read some reviews here about this boat, and some of the reviewers where complaining about initial stability of this boat. I just donít understand. All I could say is Ė if anyone has problem with initial stability of this boat, they should switch to another sport. Maybe get in to the bowling?

Secondary stability is not that great but only at the highest possible speed. This is not the fastest boat around, yet it has solid speed for itís weight and size. It is well build with the attention to detail. Wind may be the problem with this one, but show me the kayak which doesnít have a wind problem. Thatís why you have a rudder.

Overall, this is one great boat and I highly recommend it to taller and bigger people.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: