Submitted: 06-13-2006 by B.Fisher

As a relatively new paddler, I couldn't be more pleased with my Tryon. I've had it on flatwater only, and for my needs it is perfect - stable, maneuverable, and roomy, not to mention easy on the eyes. I'm planning to attempt some nature photography from it this summer and am looking forward to that.

My sole complaint would be that the seat is not comfortable for me after any time at all on the water. Possibly it's the angle or lack of sufficient padding, but after much seat time I tend to develop leg stiffness and numbness in my feet. The newer Tryons have a different style seat. I contacted Liquidlogic about the possibility of fitting one of the new style seats into my boat, but that is not possible. Their customer service folks are top notch by the way, getting back to me almost immediately and going the extra mile to offer other helpful suggestions.

I can work around the seat issue, though, and all in all am extremely pleased with my boat. If you decide to try one, I'll bet you will be, too.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: