Submitted: 06-05-2006 by CB

After reading reviews of praise and test paddling the Tourer, I decided to purchase it with the rudder. I wish I could say my choice was a good one. Performance of this kayak is not an issue but, Cobra's quality control and customer service is. I ordered the kayak 4 weeks ago and still do not have my boat. The first kayak I received had to be returned due to imperfections on the hull surface. The next kayak was sent to Florida by mistake and the 3rd. had a leak in the front scupper hole and small hair line fracture near the top of the seat well. Later I found out this was not a fracture but, a flaw caused by the mold which was appearing on all Tourer's since they received their new mold from New Zealand earlier this year. On all occasions it has been the dealer who has helped me resolve these issues as Cobra will not respond to my e-mails or phone calls. I am dissapointed as I had hoped to share in the praise so many others left about this wonderful kayak. Unfortunately, Cobra has lost my confidence in their customer service and product quality. Performance of the Tourer I would rate a 9 but, quality of the boat and material used a 3.