Submitted: 06-01-2006 by Anthony

I have been using this kayak for about a year and a half. It was purchased used. This is my first kayak, and i still consider myself to be in the learning stages, though i am quite comfortable in it. The explorer has been great to me. Its quite light, and i can easily handle it. Its rugged, and can be easily tied down in the back of my truck. The storage bin is great, and keeps all my goods bone dry. The boat can tip if you are not careful, but i have only tipped it accidentally once in almost 2 seasons of use. Its simple to flip back over and climb back in. It turns pretty quickly (to avoid gettin broad sided from wake) and goes at a good clip, even against a strong head-wind. It has a small leak that i havent fixed yet, but it only lets in about a 1/4 gallon of water after a good 2 hours of use. Tons of storage, and small items seem to stay in boat no problem, even without tying them down (on flat/choppy water). Over all a great kayak, esp for a beginner or fisher.