Submitted: 05-31-2006 by laelliott11

We just purchased two Old Town Dirigo 120's and tested them out yesterday. We love them! As soon as I was in the boat I immediately felt it's tremendous stability. Also, it's extremely comfortable. The seat can be adjusted for lumbar support as well as height, which really made for a comfortable paddle. Also, the foot pegs along with the thigh pads helped me to feel right at home. I was instantly comfortable and ready to paddle. Lots of room in these boats. My husband is 6 feet tall and had plenty of room to move around. The boat track very well, lots of control. Also, I was able to move a very good speed. Overall I could not be happier that these are the boats we purchased. I kept reading in the reviews that the Dirigo was 'slow' and 'heavy' and I don't agree at all. I wouldn't want to have to carry this boat by myself too far, true, but my husband and I found them to be easy to load and launch. Excellent boat, can't recommend it enough!