Submitted: 05-30-2006 by nedshead

We just got off the river with our used rogue river canoe--it's great. Perfect for our family. Very wide and stable. My brother-in-law called and said his neighbors were selling their canoe, it was a great deal and came with a trailer. HE hasn't done us wrong in the past so we bought it. My wife and I were both skeptical when we saw it, this canoe is not like the rogue river 14 i've seen pictures of, it's wider and has a flat back for mounting a motor. It looks almost like a row boat rather than a canoe. Anyway, we took two of our kids, one is a five year old and headed down the bark river in southeast wisconsin. We couldn't be more pleased. we will not take this canoe on wilderness trips where portaging is required but for river paddling, small rapids (we did go over one small dam today), fishing and duck hunting this canoe will be great! In one of the other reviews I read it was mentioned the backets on one of the seats had worn out. It appears this had happened to the front seat of ours but was repaired using rubber and metal washers that were slightly larger than the original holes. We are also missing the water tight storage, container or lid, I don't know exactly what, the space is there and it's obvious something wasment to screw in the top of the space we don't know what it looks like. I'd like to replace it but like another reviewer cannot find a rogue canoe or Harbor watercraft web site. Does anyone know how to contact them? Lastly, what is that indentation with the strap next to the three beverage holders suppose to do?