Submitted: 05-30-2006 by Jsaults
After reviewing the digital photos I took during my recent Chesapeake Bay trip I realized that I had taken few on-the-water shots due to the inconvenience of extricating my non-waterproof Canon A-610 (pop skirt, pull out dry box, take picture, reverse order etc). I bought an Olympus Stylus 720 WP last week, and used it on two separate days this past weekend.

Likes: Handy to store in my PFD pocket, on a safety lanyard, ready for a shot. Beefy attachment point for the lanyard. Large, bright 2.5" screen. Reasonably easy control button access and logical menus. 7MP produces good resolution for editing.

Dislikes: Why is a camera designed for wet environs so slippery? I added some e-Grips patches which helped immensely. While the screen is bright, it cannot compete with brilliant sunlight. And following submersion a few drops of water are retained behind the lens cover, steaking the lens each time the cover opens. Buttons are too small to operate with gloves.