Submitted: 05-26-2006 by MG

I bought this kayak used for one reason to fish for tarpon off the east coast of florida. I was able to make it outside the break farley easily in 3-4ft seas. I only got dumped twice. Once coming in in 4 ft seas, lost some gear and once throwing a cast net. As for stability: I could stand and throw a 6 foot cast net in the river. THere is a lot of hull slap and paddles fast enough but not nearly as fast as other kayaks designed for speed. It is farley light especiall if your going to be carrying it any distance by comparison. It is akward to carry, dont even bother using without a seat, and has very limited storage. If you wiegh more than 160lbs and I would buy something bigger. As for tarpon I have brought fish around 100lbs to the boat, I have sold mine and will buy something that provides more storage to avoid losing gear in the surf.