Submitted: 05-22-2006 by Kado

Let me start off by saying that I'm the epitome of novice! I've only been in a kayak once before in Tacoma, WA back in 2003. I bought the Old Town Dirigo 120 this morning, and had it out on the Potamac this afternoon. I must say that it is extremely stable. It's not too fast, but it tracks very well. I'm not sure wether it was the current, the wind or my lack of experience, but any weaving was easily corrected. It was quite windy today and there was a little chop, but the boat did great. It was pretty cool haveing the waves break over the bow and the spray in my face. The Dirigo is heavy though. I don't have too much trouble carrying it, but my girlfriend says it is very heavy to her. Overall, it's a great boat for a beginner like me. I paddled around for a couple of hours and it was very comfortable. I would give it a 7 for speed and weight, a 9 for comfort, and a 10 for stability.