Submitted: 05-22-2006 by Orion6

The Tuxedo is a great recreational kayak! I chose this boat over the Pungo 100, Perception Swifty and a couple of others.

I wanted a short, easy to store, haul and maneuver boat. The Tuxedo fits the bill nicely. I know most would recommend a longer boat with more capacity for someone my size (6' 235 lbs) but this boat is what I was looking for. No long trips, no distance or speed records to go after. Just a fun, safe boat to learn good technique and skills in.

First, it's very well made. Liquidlogic boats just look and feel like they are quality products. Good plastic. Second, the boat just fit me right. I could brace my knees and thighs perfectly on the side of the cockpit.

I feel like I have a lot of control over this boat in the water. It has excellent tracking and good stability. Turns on a dime. It probably feels a little more "tippy" than some rec kayaks but it's a good tradeoff for the tracking and speed.

I am very happy with my purchase. I am having a blast learning to paddle in this boat!

On a side note, I emailed LL to have some questions answered and they were very friendly and helpful. Nice to know you have the support of the manufacturer.