Submitted: 05-18-2006 by natural_wonder

A couple years ago, I bought the beautiful 11 laminate straight BB Sun Shadow for my girlfriend to use in the bow of our 16' royalex OT Penobscot. She loves it's lightweight and it's comfortable handle and it's good looks. It's a major step up from the cheap aluminum & plastic paddles we had before. I typically favor the bent BB Special when I'm in the stern, or paddling alone. However, I've used her Sun Shadow on rivers where I wanted a straight paddle, and it's really a great paddle. Her Sun Shadow is 54", and while that length is fine for me in a bent, in a straight paddle, if I was buying for me, I'd probably go up a size, as I believe a slightly longer straight paddle is somewhat more versitle. But, it's a great paddle, and the pair make a great team that frequently get admiring comments by folks who love the looks of the laminated wood. Best of all, these paddles are true lightweight performers, not just beauty pagent winners. We're totally sold on these Bending Branches laminated paddles.

Space Trailers :