Submitted: 05-18-2006 by natural_wonder

I've had a 54" bent BB Special for a couple years, and I really wish I would've discovered this wonderful paddle earlier. It's my first bent paddle, but I like it so much that I don't plan to upgrade it anytime soon. I find I can get a lot more power out of J strokes and forward strokes with the BB Spec. as compared to our previous lowend plastic & aluminum paddles. This paddle is light and actually fun to use. So far, it's proved plenty durable, even when pushing off rocks, or getting sunk in mud & sand. I would highly recommend this beautiful and functional paddle to anyone that wants a major step up from the cheap low end paddles that many folks start out with. It's at it's best on lakes and slow rivers, but can be used effectively up to class II. I use this paddle with a royalex Old Town Penobscot 16, and it's capable of really propelling that boat around with the right technique. My paddling partner uses a Bending Branches straight 54" Sun Shadow when she sits in the bow, and together, these paddles make a great team.