Submitted: 05-18-2006 by MJK

I have purchased my SCANOE back before I could drive a car in the 1970's, the first year it was introduced. This boat has been stored outside 24-7 since the day I assembled it in my back yard. I am amazed at the way this boat has held up, along with the third middle seat and oars, and the roof kit are all originals from the 1970's and still look new. It has been all over the USA on top of my old Coleman pop-up trailer, which I no longer have. This boat is a bit heavy for one person, but is little effort for two adults. I have had 5 h.p. outboards, and small trolling motors on lakes and rivers. It still looks and operates as it did close to 30 years ago. Great quiet boat for fishing, excellent in shallow water. I bought it new with accessories for under $350.00. Best investment I have ever made with a "product." It's airloom status, and I still plan on using this boat many times this year as well. I have used old 2" conduit pipes (two "T" brackets one in front, one in the rear) and store it upside down out in the back yard. The only thing I have lost on this boat was the stickers that said SCANOE - who cares!