Submitted: 05-15-2006 by notiones

All of the reviews here are quite accurate. I only wanted to add my two cents as a newbie, this being my first kayak. Please remember that this is a newbie's perspective. Until I purchased my chatham I had spent a grand total of 5 minutes in a kayak.

I have been out in this boat twice. Both times for about two hours in protected waters. I have found the Chatham to be very responsive with adequate initial stability and excellent secondary stability. I find it easy to edge and turn. It tracks well without the skeg and I find my speed increasing quickly in this smooth quiet boat. If you are a newbie and serious about developing yourself ino a competent kayaker, then I would highly recommend this boat.

One last thing. The fit and finish are excellent. It does scratch easily for plastic though.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: