Submitted: 05-15-2006 by bonkers1919

I am 6' 200 lbs. I bought the 14ft DIRIGIO for FISHING and SHORT daylight trips of 4 to 8 miles.I use it on the upper portions of the Delaware river.It is a heavy stable boat well suited for fishing and photography. I would not use this boat for anything else.

It is so stable that its almost impossible to roll. I have stood in the boat and cast my fly rod. It being a heavy boat, slow to accelerate and hard to turn. MIne is heavier than when I bought it, anchor, fishing rod holders and other items.

The seat looks comfortable...BUT IS NOT........I am in the process of replacing the seat. The first one was adjusted by knobs on the side of the boat. These tighten or loosen short pieces of parachute cord. THEY WORKED FOR THE FIRST HOUR. Old Town is sending my dealer a replacement seat that has STRAPS, NOT PARACHUTE CORD for the seat adjustment. We will see how the new seats works. If it doesnt work, I will put a different seat in the boat, because it is a great stable fishing platform.

I you are thinking about buying this boat DO NOT BUY IT UNLESS THE SEAT HAS THE STRAPS FOR ADJUSTMENTS. I can assure you that the parachute cord adjustment does not work well at all.

I like the boat alot, but I only use it for fishing. I have several other boats for playing and touring so i know what i am saying about this boat. If you want a boat for day touring or any other reason than fishing or photos.....check other boats.