Submitted: 05-15-2006 by Andrew

I just bought my specter today (15'2'', polyethylene). I demoed the Perception Carolina, Old town Cayuga, WS Tsunami, and the Specter. I loved the Cayuga but the cockpit was extremely tight on the thighs and long trips would have been hell. If the cayuga fits anyone in the market, I would recomend it. The Specter outperformed the other two boats that I demoed and was close to the Cayuga. The cockpit was much more comfortable to me, so it was the best choice. Ive only had it out once on calm water, but I think it has good stability and tracking. It felt pretty agile to the other boats I demoed and it seems to have good speed and efficiency.

Again, the Cayuga outperformed all in every aspect. The Dagger was a close second, but much roomier in the thigh braces for me. That is why I am giving it a 9/10. That and the only color the dealer had was Orange.

I got mine for $900 with rudder. I would recomend the Specter and the Cayuga to anyone in this price range.