Submitted: 05-12-2006 by glassassoc

I have owned a cascade for many years. The 14 foot boat is an incredible lay-up and weighs 24 pounds. These fabricators have exceptional skills. I have seen similar construction in the polk boats, however in the east and west coast their boats are rare. They use a fine mesh fiberglass with an aircraft thin resin. It looks like the new shiny rotoís now mass molded but with more body.

Most of their designs are dated and their accessories minimalist, but my cascade is an incredible boat. I met a famous kayaker who drove a cascade into rocks at 30mph and didnít scratch the boat, I have added a skeg which is just a glue-on sliver of wood to the rear which makes it go straight. I have also found duck-tape and an arrow works well and slides over rocks. The pointed stern adds no directional stability. The seat does well with a camping chair of foam inserted behind you. Phoenix people I have found most cooperative. They were reasonable and helpful to me. I am partly writing this review because we need to buy their boats because few are so light, and a polkboat is remarkable for a beginner, younger and older people.