Submitted: 05-11-2006 by AB

This is my first year of paddling and my first kayak I have owned. I am a 5'6" woman weighing 145lbs and I find this kayak a great size for a beginner. I love the initial stability and that it weighs only 45 lbs (glass). I think if I had a heavier boat I would use it less.

I also like the quick release hatch covers with a rubber gasket instead of a neoprene liner. It has a rudder but I've only had to use it once in strong currents. As I said, I am a beginner so I am still learning how to carve etc. but this boat seems very responsive.

I would highly recommend this as a beginners kayak and I'm hoping that I will learn to love it even more as I progress.

My only complaint is it could use a day hatch or even a cockpit storage net like the Nimbus Telkwa to stow a water bottle, cell phone etc.