Submitted: 05-08-2006 by Mick

We had occasion to test paddle a Penobscot and a Camper today. We are average sized, and were the only load at about 310 pounds, so that is light. Interesting thing was that the Camper was sloppy in initial stability, and when we stopped paddling, the wind would blow us across the water like a kite. The Penobscot had a little slop in initial stability, but the secondary stability kicked in remarkably quickly, and it felt much more comfortable. The Penobscot also tracked well, and the wind did not affect us hardly at all in the Penobscot. So, based upon a trial experience, I'm taking the time to write that I would take the Penobscot over the Camper any day, and would advise anyone looking into a Camper to also try the Penobscot. Maybe another 200 pounds of load would change things a little better for the Camper, but I think the Penobscot would stay on top.