Submitted: 05-08-2006 by rhamann

After 24 years of executing my solo paddling in nothing but tandem canoes, I broke down and purchased the Vagabond in a Royalex layup. Following several paddling trips on both the Snake and Columbia Rivers, this baby passes all tests. It's light, stable, manuverable with excellent glide. To further ensure my choice was right, I recently participated in a paddlefest where I was able to pilot several comparable hulls. The Vagabond proved to be far superior to the Bell Yellowstone Solo and Wildfire in both turning, glide and comfort. The Yellowstone Solo was so effected by the slight breeze and chop it was a distracting labor from the pleasures of canoeing. The Wildfire was only measurably better. In the same conditions and with high expectations, the Vagabond performed at the level that kept the satisfaction one receives from canoeing intact.