Submitted: 05-04-2006 by Steve

This is the beginning of my second season with my Classic 12 and I have been very pleased with it so far and look forward to a summer of fun on the water in it. I have paddled it in many places and on many types of water without any problems or dunkings. It handles waves quite well as experienced up on Lake Huron in 3 to 4 foot waves you just have to pay attention to where you are headed but that is no different than any other kayak. I did purchase a nice seat pad and a good paddle which has made a difference for me. The boat tracks amazingly straight and does not take a lot of effort to get it moving. I have not fished out of it yet but am planning to do so this year on a couple of my longer trips with it. I have not tried any overnights with it but think it would fill my needs. It is most definately a great first kayak and will last for years if taken care of.