Submitted: 05-04-2006 by Dave

For the price, this is an unbelievably versatile boat. I've taken it on a 6-day excursion around a large mountain lake, repeated bashings on Class II rivers, overnighters with my dog in front and my gear in back, and easy paddling as a dual-seater with my girlfriend.

It is easy to re-enter when flipped and the material seems very tough. To boot, you can pack it on your back (for short distances, at least).

A couple of downsides are picky enough that they don't justify dropping the rating: You will get wet if there is surf or rapids, so, you have to dress for the water temp (but this is the case with any inflatable). And the seat chambers can be easily deflated if you knock the valves out accidentally.

All in all, I really dig this boat and owning it keeps me from buying more specialized crafts (I can't justify them when I can get out and do most everything I want with this one)