Submitted: 05-02-2006 by wb8tsv

My experience is that this is an OK boat, not great but OK. I bought the basic model - the one with the plastic seat and the hatch that isn't cut out. It seemed to be a bit faster than my Sundance 9.5 for the same paddling effort and I really liked the drink holder molded into the seat.

On the down side, as other reviewers here have noted, the plastic hull deformed even under moderate strap tension while cartopping. I had no problem with tracking in a straight line while paddling but if i would stop paddling and lean, the boat would always turn to the left regardless of the direction I leaned. On a windy day with some chop on the lake the boat seemed to "pound" on the waves more so than other boats I've used. All in all, it's an OK boat for its intended purpose. Of the Sundance and Pamlico that I bought at about the same time, I still have the Sundance - I guess that about sums it up.

Spirit Sails: