Submitted: 04-27-2006 by neversink

I have now had my carbon-kevlar Currituck for three years and love it. I have had it out in many conditions. In New York Harbor, on the Hudson, on Long Island Sound and up in the Adirondacks. For me, at 180 lbs and 5'11" the Currituck is a perfect fit and I have never needed any extra padding anywhere.

The boat is well constructed and it is incredibly responsive and fast. I have no problem keeping up and actually staying ahead of more experienced and stronger paddlers. I hardly ever use the skeg anymore and have no problem keeping it on track. It handles on coming waves beautifully. And it loves following seas.

I have outfitted mine with a little extra rigging although the deck lines and rigging on the boat are very substantial.

This is the second of three Impex boats I own. The first is an Assateague, which is a little big for me, but I still like it and keep it (for now) for those friends of mine who are bigger.

The other Impex boat I own has not yet been delivered, and that is the Force IV.

The great thing about Impex, is that they stand by all their boats and their workmanship. Any problems? Just call or contact them and they will give you wonderful service.