Submitted: 04-27-2006 by Dave W

I've had my Huron (Tuftweave) for a little over two years. I wanted a tandem canoe that I could carry myself and sometimes use solo, and also use for fishing with my buddy. This canoe is light (less than 50 lbs) and moves easily in the water. Compared to my buddy's Old Town Royalex canoe, it feels light as a feather!

I like to fish, and despite being advertised as suitable for sportsmen, this canoe has been a major disappointment for me. "Tipsy" used to be a nice feeling when I was younger but this canoe gives a whole new meaning to the word. Ugh! It's also very uncomfortable, as the cane seats are set pretty low to maintain stability. I will probably try to sell it (it was pricey -new) and get something else -something perhaps a little heavier but with more stability. -Am tired of tipping! But I blame myself for buying it without trying it out first. The dealers here in Western Mass aren't into it but I will Never buy a canoe again without trying it out first.