Submitted: 04-24-2006 by kenyoung

Wow! Love it! I have the kevlight (39 lbs.), and just got back from my second 3 day trip with my 10 year old son. Have also taken it on a dozen or so day trips. It's everything you could ask for in a canoe. Nobody can keep up with us, even if my son isn't paddling. I just came back from a river trip, and I could still make good progress paddling solo, upstream, fully loaded with gear and into the wind! Secondary stability is awesome. Last summer we were on Little Tupper Lake in the Adirondacks with a 20-25 mph headwind and large waves with whitecaps. Forward progress was slow, but not once did we feel like we would tip. It tracks great, but also turns suprisingly well for a 16.5' canoe. I installed a kneeling thwart for soloing. (My only complaint is that the Bell Kneeling Thwart could be a bit lower....I tend to slide off of it and have to reposition myself) Portaging and taking it on and off the roof is a breeze. Would highly recommend this canoe!!!!