Submitted: 04-17-2006 by pharry1450

I have been kayak fishing for 10 years and this is my first sit on top kayak. I absolutely love this boat. Last fall I bought a new Saluna because I could not find a sit on top fishing kayak with a seat that supported my back. This spring I saw the Mantaray 12 with the same seat as the Saluna and immediately traded for the Mantaray 12. The seat has great support and can easily be adjusted. It is great that I can now get in and out of the kayak in areas that are shallow. In the storage area behind the seat I have put a crate that can carry all my extra lures and spare rods. I fish mainly on the Susquehanna River in Central PA and the Mantaray 12 handles the currents and small rapids with ease. I can manuever my kayak into holes that the Jon and bass boats can't. I installed a rod holder on the front flat panel and now I can be fishing with live bait while I am throwing out my favorite lure. In the future I will put a fish finder on the front panel. It was easy to install a small anchor system and the rod holder. This kayak tracks just great and at 58 lbs. I can get it onto the top of my van myself. I have 3 dry hatches to store my "stuff" and I use the small hatch that is infront of me to store my worms. I recommend that you look at the Mantaray 12 before you buy, especially if you fish.

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: