Submitted: 04-12-2006 by revans26

Wow!!! This boat is awesome. I want to start off by saying that I hadn't paddled a canoe since summer camp as a kid (A while back). I have been a sea kayaker for 7 years and recently trading in my 17' touring boat for this little guy.

I always thought of canoes to be relatively tippy and slow and highly effected by the wind. The vagabond is none of these things. It has great stability, both initial and secondary. I paddle it mostly in the Connecticut River which is very open and windy. This boat is great with a bent paddle in these conditions. I just paddle two to three times on one side and then switch. I was out in it last weekend and took over a kayaker and a coule in a tandem canoe. What a glide!!! The adjustable seat is great to. Raise it up or lower it down on the go depending on what you're doing.

Granted, all I have to compare this boat to is my old sea kayak but I would rather paddle this little guy any day of the week. As the summer gets rolling i will post again after the barges throw me some 5-7 foot wakes.

I know when I was reading these reviews trying to figure out which boat to buy a big thing was the size of the paddlers so I am 5'11'' and 225 lbs.