Submitted: 02-26-2000 by Jerry

Quality Composites markets it's line of kayaks over the internet only. Although, this method of purchasing requires a "leap of faith", I want to assure prospective buyers that they will be pleasantly surprised with the result.

My Q600 is impeccably crafted. The construction is absolutely first rate and everything about the boat is excellent quality from the fiberglass layup to the deck fittings. The seat is very comfortable and there is excellent storage capacity in the fore and aft compartments.

As with all QCC Kayaks, my Q600 was designed by John Winters. After having read several articles I was confident that any design by Mr. Winters would be superb. I was not dissappointed. Although having a beam of only 21", my Q600 had a surprising amount of initial stability. The secondary stability was excellent. This boat is fast and tracks very well. On my initial outing, I encountered winds up to about 10 knots, tidal currents, and a fair amount of wave action. I found the Q600 to ride very dry and exhibit only a slight amount of weathercocking.

I highly recommend a Q600 to anyone of medium build who is looking for superb quality and handling at a reasonable price. This is a lot of kayak for the money and you will have a boat in which you can take a great deal of pride.