Submitted: 04-10-2006 by ANTHROBYTE

I like my fiberglass Qajariaq very much. I looked for a kayak that would allow me to tour and play. As far as touring goes, the boat has less capacity than my Nigel Foster Legend. However, with conservative planning and careful packing, there's no problem carrying the gear for a week out. The boat is fast. It is as fast as a NDK Explorer, Nigel Foster Legend or Current Design Extreme. It's fast and it's not prone to be pushed around by the wind due to its sleek and low profile. A bit of skeg is all that's required for weather cocking. Hard chines make the Qajariaq exceedingly responsive to edging and spite of its length it is nimble. It is a stunningly beautiful boat that gets a lot of attention. As far as play goes. . .you can play all you want. I have not found that it is reluctant to let me develop my Greenland rolling skills. I am working up to hand rolling. I let a friend try the boat - he hand rolled without a hitch. I looked at the NDK Explorer seriously and almost ordered one. I have no regrets whatsoever in making my choice to go with the Qajariaq. Some of my friends that own Explorers have that look in their eyes. You know that look. If it comes down to quality as the deciding factor. . . I'll be seeing you in your new Qajariaq.