Submitted: 04-10-2006 by Christian Hoy

Follow-up Review from 2004: I paddled this boat regularly, and it really grew on me. This boat is fast. Even through headwinds and chop, the speed is there. I can imagine the Inuit hunters trying to catch seals in these conditions - and all the years they evolved the kayak to what the Greenlander is. With the invention of ultralight hiking gear that compacts into small spaces, you can pack this low volume boat for longer trips (1 to 2 weeks around fresh water sources). I also purchased a tuliq (an inuit kayak jacket that attaches directly to the cockpit rim) and an Avataq (a hunting float/rolling aid) from Brooks to finish the outfit. Of course I use a wood Greenland paddle, and a “Storm Paddle”. All this coupled with the Greenlander creates an unforgettable kayaking experience. NOTE: Nigel Dennis changed its name. It is now “Sea Kayaking UK”. The Greenlander is my first - and last - sea kayak.