Submitted: 04-03-2006 by mickeykreg

I have a 16'(?) fiberglass Canadienne that I picked up from a pawn shop in 1996 for $500. I've used it in Montana and Utah for 2 to 7 day solo class 1-2 river tripping, and travel with my child. The sliding bow seat always makes it very easy to convert to solo, by simply turning the canoe around. Also is very easy to trim up especially while traveling with a child that's half my weight. I've always received compliments on the elegance of it's looks. Both while on top of my car and on the way it travels through the water.

It is my first canoe and the cosmetic beginner abuse is apparent. I'm now again in love with it and would like to fix it up. I'm planning on ordering new wooden gunnels from the factory and replacing the aluminum gunnels. Has anybody ever performed this swap? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience?

Squid Anchor: