Submitted: 03-31-2006 by LBR

When I first started Kayaking I borrowed a few friends Kayaks, all Sit Top Models. Most felt very tippy, or tracked horribly. My wife has a perception sit-in model, that I liked. However, wanting to use the kayak for fishing and being a bigger guy, I was really looking for a sit on top. I just couldn't find the right kayak.

The Mantaray 12 is the right kayak. It is very stable, good speed, and very very confortable! I love the accesories including the bungeed hatch cover, the rod holders, and the "extra spaces" they have built in. This Kayak is a wonderful platform to do just about anything. I have gone down a few of the rivers in Central Florida, Paddled coastal areas, and even some off the beach on a calm day. I love this boat! I can not tell you how glad I am I pushed off my purchase until iI found this boat! If you are looking at the Tarpon 120, I strongly suggest you look at the Manta ray 12. I did a side by side comparison and found the Mantaray 12 to be the boat for me.