Submitted: 03-29-2006 by kmartin2000

On my 23rd birthday my husband took me on a kayaking trip on Lake Jocassee. The boat I paddled that day was a rental Necky Manitou. I was nervous but had a blast. When it was time to take the rental back to the outfitters we discovered that they had a special on a few kayaks due to an inventory closeout sale . My husband and I decided to buy one that would suit my needs and would allow for a quick learning curve. I also wanted something that I could use on overnight trips and take down the local rivers here in South Carolina. After sitting in the Zoar Sport LV I knew I wanted it. After taking it down the Edisto River, on Lake Marion, Lake Hartwell, Sparkleberry Swamp, and Lake Jocassee on an overnighter this boat has really met my needs and encouraged me to take on bigger challenges. I have enjoyed seeing many wonderful and exciting things in my boat and I am looking forward to finding the courage to race it. For any female that is looking to get into a fun boat and wants to learn how to paddle I encourage you to give this boat a try.