Submitted: 03-29-2006 by yakmatt
I bought a Phoenix 12 for my 11 yr olds Christmas present. The main reason I chose the Phoenix was its light weight. I paddle a Prowler 15 and at the end of the day I didnít want to be lifting two barges on top of my Tahoe. I finally got a chance to take it out for a spin and I was impressed. Itís a nice ride. Itís fast and slick on the water. Turns and maneuvers well but its forward speed really impressed me.

Pros:
Very stable, fast, easy to lift, comfortable seat area. (Some people commented on the hump but I didnít notice it at all). Foot wells are like the OK, the tank well is good sized and will fit a milk crate (but not itís close to the prowlerís aircraft carrier size well).

Cons:
It wetter then my OK, the seat doesnít have any scupper holes. If you get water in the seat it stays there. The front hatch has no storage space you might fit a small dry bag in there (the 14 has good size).

Other:
My kid has hit a few oyster bars and the trilon scratches up just like roto plastic itís not that big a deal for me. It can be drilled into without problems and rigged any way you chose. I have never used a rudder so I canít comment on that.

Overall I give it an 8 and would definitely buy it again.